Analytical Chemist, Research and Development
Reports to Chief Technology Officer
The Analytical Chemist will work with a team to develop processes to convert cellulosic biomass into highly fermentable sugars for applications in fuels and chemicals using both conventional and proprietary processes, organisms and catalysts.
Duties and Responsibilities
Key responsibilities of the successful candidate include, but may not be limited to:
• Prepare and execute High Performance Liquid Chromatography to monitor and track data for lab and demonstration scale operations.
• Preform and record all analytical operations to support lab and operations team.
• Assemble, operate, preform routine maintenance, and trouble-shooting of small-scale lab equipment.
• Execute research programs and experiments required to reach project goals as assigned by the CTO.
• Support pretreatment optimization upstream and downstream in technical operations with the CTO and Plant Manager.
• Support all aspects of processing samples and integrate the lab analysis with plant operations.
• BS degree in Chemistry/Analytical Chemistry/Organic Chemistry, with preferred experience in analytical evaluation of biotechnology in an R&D environment.
• Familiarity with lab model and pilot scale operation, process flow procedures associated with biological process development, filtration, separation, optimization methods using DOE and statistics for biomass conversion process.
• Familiarity with bioconversion processes including sugar analysis, sugar chemistry, enzymatic hydrolysis, fermentation and lignin.
• The lead process development work is expected to spend at least 75% of his/her time in the laboratory doing hands-on work.
• Effective oral and written communication skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced development setting/organization.
• Experience with small-scale biochemical process unit operations including and solid-liquid separations is preferred.
Sweetwater Energy utiliza una tecnología única para producir celulosa nanofibrilada de bajo costo, celulosa microcristalina, azúcares y lignina limpia a partir de materiales vegetales no alimentarios para ayudar a satisfacer las crecientes demandas de bioenergía y bioquímica del mundo moderno.
2400 Mt. Read Blvd.
Rochester, NY 14615
Correo Electrónico email@example.com