In the News
The role of the position is to support the organization through the process Candidate will work closely with Sweetwater internal management team as well as vendors to establish and maintain successful relationships.
Specific tasks and responsibilities will include:
- · Quote goods and services as requested.
- · Procures goods and services as required on complex, specialized, higher priced commodities within specific authorization limits.
- · Negotiate and maintain long-term contracts for the supply of high dollar, vital materials, and services.
- · Selects vendors based on quality, delivery, and price considerations, which are consistent with Engineering and ASME/ASTM specifications.
- · Reviews, evaluates, and communicates supplier capabilities and performance.
- · Reviews purchase requisitions for completeness and accuracy.
- · Establishes blanket orders and stocking programs where material availability, quantity discounts, and reduced inventory levels can be realized.
- · Expedites orders to maintain schedule or to improve the vendor’s delivery commitment.
- · Actively searches for materials, vendors, and technologies that will improve the profitability of the company.
- · Keeps abreast of changes in the world wide market as it effects commodities critical to Sweetwater Energy.
- · Communicates and coordinates the resolution of quality issues with Engineering, Quality Control, and the vendors.
- · Maintains a professional relationship with existing suppliers while actively investigating new sources of supply.
- · Ensures all purchases orders have the proper authorizations as defined by finance.
Additionally, this position will help to refine and optimize Sweetwater’s operations on an ongoing basis.
- · Bachelor degree in related field
- · Two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- · Minimum of four years’ experience required in large scale procurement with demonstrated ability to perform complex supplier selection and negotiations with minimum supervision
- · Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- · Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, and customers.
- · Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- · Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- · Strong negotiation skills with a proven cost savings background.
- · Computer literate (Exel, Word and ERP business systems). Background in International Purchasing.
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION PLEASE SEND A COVER LETTER AND RESUME TO: KBODDY@SWEETWATER.US
Sweetwater offers a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes 401k and health insurance.
Get in Touch
Sweetwater Energy uses a unique technology for producing low-cost nanofibrillated cellulose, microcrystalline cellulose, sugars, and clean lignin from non-food plant materials to help meet the modern world's increasing bioenergy and biochemical demands.
2400 Mt. Read Blvd.
Rochester, NY 14615
Call Us: 585-647-5760